Please read the Rule book carefully! Don’t set yourself up for failure!
For our Covid-19 Policy please click here
2021 Rule Book Revised 04/13/2021
1. SA2015 or SA2020 rated helmet is required.
-Helmet must be less than 10 years old based on Date of Manufacture.
-Helmet must be in good condition and show no signs of damage.
-Chin strap must be present and always fastened when driving.
-Open face helmets are allowed but not recommended.
-M (Motorcycle) and DOT helmets are NOT allowed. This rule applies to passengers as well!
2. All drivers are required to wear long pants, closed toe shoes and sleeved shirts.
– Long sleeve shirts are only required for Hudson Speedway events
3. Driver must be 17 or older and possess 5 valid driver’s license.
-If under 18, parent or legal guardian must be present and sign waiver.
4. Driverʼs meetings are mandatory; if you do not attend the driverʼs meeting, you will not be allowed on track.
5. Driverʼs meetings will be held 30 minutes before the track goes hot.
6. Common sense is required.
- Be kind to staff and your fellow drivers
- If you borrow something, return it
- Clean up after yourselves
- YOU are responsible for the spectators you bring!
7. Driver must be ready to drive.
8: All trash must be disposed of in the track’s trash bins.
– No automotive fluids may be disposed of at the track.
– No tires may be disposed of at the track. TAKE YOUR TIRES HOME! Penalties will be applied to any driver found to be leaving tires at the track!
9: Off the track, the speed limit is 10mph and is enforced by the track and NEDCO staff.
10: No full-sized trucks, SUVs, vans, or kit cars are allowed to drift without prior approval of the staff.
11: All vehicles must have working seatbelts or h5rness installed.
-Absolutely NO harnesses are to be ran with reclinable seats.
-Harness must be properly secured via rollcage or harness bar
12: No drugs or alcohol allowed in the pits
-no glass containers permitted at the track
-no drinking and driving! (Unless it’s water)
1: Drivers are responsible for the spectators they bring!
-All spectators must remain in the designated spectator areas
2: All trash must be disposed of in track’s trash bins.
3: All spectators must park their vehicles in the designated parking areas
4: The speed limit is 10mph and is enforced by the track and NEDCO staff.
5: No drugs or alcohol allowed in the pits
-no glass containers permitted at the track
-no drinking and driving!
1. All vehicles will be inspected by tech for compliance with all safety regulations and to ensure A solid, leak-free vehicle.
2. Everything loose in car must be removed.
-Includes OEM floor mats, vent mounts, windshield mounts.
3. Fire suppression is mandatory.
-All fire extinguishers must be securely mounted using a METAL bracket within reach of driver while harnessed in.
-Minimum 2lb of extinguishing required.
-Extinguisher must have gauge and gauge must be checked before each event.
4. Fire suppression systems can be either automatic or manual or both.
– Release handle must be within reach of the driver seated with harness on.
-Fire suppression system should still function with vehicle power off.
– Fire suppression release handle must be clearly marked for track safety responders and tech inspectors to see in case of emergency.
1. All vehicles must be found to be leak free.
-Vehicles found to be leaking on grid will be told to park and MUST be fixed and reinspected by staff before returning.
-Failure to fix leaks before returning to grid will result in loss of driving privileges for the day.
2. Coolant overflow required on all cars.
3. Oil catch can required on all cars with a modified oil vapor recovery system and/or Dry Sump Systems
4.Heat shield required around the brake and clutch master cylinders when on the exhaust side of the engine.
-Heat shields recommended even if master cylinders are on intake side of engine.
-OE heat shield is acceptable. (350Z/G35)
5.Gas cap required for all cars.
-Gas must seal completely.
6.All cars must to have a minimum of (1) firewall required between the passenger compartment and the fuel cell.
– Fluid lines may pass through the passenger compartment but enclosed in a steel or aluminum enclosure.
– Brake fluid lines maybe solid line.
– No fuel lines shall have fittings, junctions, or unions in the passenger compartment without fireproof and splash proof shielding.
7.All hoses shall be properly rated for the application for temperature, solvents, burst strength, and chemical resistance.
– Fuel hoses must be J30R9 rated or fuel rate AN braided hose.
-Proper fuel hose clamps must be used on all fuel lines. Absolutely NO “alligator” style clamps.
1. OEM exhausts must be securely attached using all the factory attachment points
2. Aftermarket exhausts must be kept clear of all fluid lines and exit the car past the rear axles.
3. Open waste gates are permitted.
4. Exhausts may not be routed though the passenger compartment.
Lighting and Electrical
1. Battery or batteries must be securely fastened with an OEM tie down, metal tie down, or another secure material that will not yield.
-B5ttery tie down May not be made from rope, rubber, and must be attached safely to the vehicle body.
2. Batteries inside the passenger compartment must be vented outside the passenger compartment and tied down in an approved battery box.
-Dry Cell batteries (Optima) are permitted to be inside the passenger compartment.
3. Brake lights must be operational.
4. Hazard lights must be operational.
5. If the car uses an OE ignition, the key must shut off the car completely. If the car uses an aftermarket ignition, there must be a kill switch mounted within reach of the driver while fastened into their seat.
6. All wiring should be insulated and mounted away from heat and moving components. No shorts should be found during tech inspection.
1. Ball joints must exhibit no play
2. Bushings must exhibit no tears or excessive movement.
3. Wheel bearings must exhibit no play or excessive noise.
4. Steering must exhibit no play or binding.
5. Lug nuts and/or bolts must all be present and torqued to specification.
-bolt on spacers and adapters are permitted as long as all lugs/ nuts are present are torqued to specification.
6: Struts and shocks must be not leaking or blown
7: Springs must be uncut and secured to the perches
8: Strut and shock mounts must not exhibit excessive play and not bind.
9: Adjustable suspension components must have locking nuts to prevent unintentional travel.
Body and Glass
1. All doors must be present
2. All spoilers must be securely mounted
3. A Minimum of (1) tow hook shall be required at the front of the vehicle.
4. A Minimum of (1) tow hook sh5ll be required 5t the rear of the vehicle.
5.Factory tow hooks are acceptable if they are in good condition and easily accessible.
-NO HOOK, NO TOW!
6. Hood and trunk must be securely fastened using the OE latch or aftermarket pins or latches.
-Aftermarket pins and latches are highly recommended to have a positive retention system.
7. Windshield must be free of cracks.
8. Chips must be no bigger than 2″.
9. Windshield, rear window and fixed side windows must be present.
– Shatter resistant polycarbonate May be used.
10: Aftermarket windshields must be 1/4″ thick.
11: Aftermarket windshields must be securely bolted through the window frame.
– There must be 5 minimum of (4) fasteners per window.
– Window supports must be securely mounted.
12: Aftermarket side windows and rear windshield must be 1/8” thick.
1. All roll cage designs should be constructed to provide 360 degrees of protection to all occupants.
2. All convertibles need a roll bar at minimum.
3. Group A drivers must have a 6 point cage with harness bar and door bars (unless otherwise approved by event staff)
– X-style or NASCAR door bars are permitted
4. Must have a 1 piece diagonal in main hoop extending from above driver’s head to passenger floor and harness bar must extend the full length of the main hoop and be positioned for proper harness mounting.
5. Rear mounting bars must tie in at the rear shock towers.
6. Front cage design can be halo or A pillar bars. Roof bars is required if using A Pillar bars.
7. Dash bar is recommended but not required.
8. Gussets with dimples are optional .
9. Base plates or boxes are required where all tubes meet the chassis and must be welded on all edges.
10. All tube joints must be fully welded all the way around the tube.
11. Minimum tubing specific5tion for all cars is 1.5”x0.095 DOM SAE 1018.
12. Cage must comply with current Formula Drift, US Drift, SCCA, or NASA specification.
13. For bolt-in cages, OE crash structure cannot be removed or modified. eBay or “Tuner” bolt-in cages are not sufficient for tandem.
14. Roll bar padding is required wherever the driver or passengers helmet may come in contact with the roll cage (tandem only)
Harnesses and Seats
1. Harnesses must be properly mounted.
-Harnesses must be FIA or SFI rated and not expired.
2. Harnesses must be mounted using correct hardware.
-If using eye bolts and bolting through the
floor, must use fender washers on both sides to spread the load.
-Harness shoulder straps must be mounted to a roll cage or separate harness bar and should not be outside of 20* of horizontal.
-The seat cannot be used as a guide for the harness.
3. If car does not have a roll cage, a harness bar can be used to mount the shoulder belts when using a harness. Must meet mounting requirements listed in item 2.
4. 4, 5 or 6-point h5rness required for car with a roll cage installed. 5-point belt recommended.
5. If harnesses are not properly installed and in compliance with FIA or SFI specific5tions, you will not be allowed to drive until this rule can be met.
6. Please refer to manufacturer specs for proper installation and Maintenence procedures.
7. If stock seats or non-FIA approved reclining bucket seats are used, stock seat belt must be used.
-Aftermarket harnesses are not allowed to be used with these seats.
8. If race seats are intended to be used with stock seat belt, the lap belt part of the belt must pass through the holes in the side of the race seat.
9. Acceptable seat and harness configurations:
A. Stock seat, stock seat belt, no cage.
B. Reclinable seat that is NOT FIA approved, stock seat belt, no cage.
C. Fixed back race seat (FIA approveal not required), stock seat belt, no cage
D. Fixed back race seat (FIA approval not required), 4-, 5- or 6-point harness, harness bar
E. Fixed back race seat (FIA approval not required), 4-, 5- or 6-point harness, roll cage
10. Passenger seat must also meet configurations above to be approved to take any passenger.